SMMT Meet the Buyer at Automechanika Birmingham, 7 June 2017, NEC Birmingham
15 May 2017
SMMT Meet the Buyer
Automechanika Birmingham, 7 June 2017, NEC Birmingham
Facilitating automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream meet-the-banner-dit-banner
The UK’s supply chain is growing fast and the opportunity for automotive suppliers to invest in the UK has never been more valuable.
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for tier one supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 41% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6 billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
- To support the growth in this sector, SMMT hosts a number of Meet the Buyer events across the year to match suppliers with OEM and tier one buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Having hosted 10 events since 2010, Meet the Buyer has been a huge success and continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year. This year we will be partnering with the Department for International Trade (DIT).
SMMT's track record
Our last event took place for the first time, at the inaugural Automechanika Birmingham event, resulting in:
- Over 1000 companies expressed interest to participate
- Over 330 people participating
- 355 one-to-one meetings
- Over 200 meeting requests made on the day
- 65% positive meeting outcomes
21 Confirmed buyers include:
- Aston Martin
- Dennis Eagle
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Alexander Dennis
- Global System International
- Sears Manufacturing Company
- Nobel Automotive
- Lear Corporation
- Honda, etc...
For Suppliers – Free
For Buyers – Free
To find the most up-to-date informationon the SMMT website, go to: https://www.smmt.co.uk/events/meet-the-buyer/