Aerospace materials: future use of advanced materials, metallic and composites
14 Feb 2013
Tuesday 26th February 2013, 8.00am-13.00pm
Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry
Transport iNet in conjunction with Midlands Aerospace Alliance are to hold a half day event at the Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry.
The use of advanced materials has always been a key element in the success of our UK aerospace industry and the development of new advanced materials continues apace.
This event will feature presentations by key Primes and Tier 1s discussing their objectives in using advanced materials including composites and new metallic materials, how they intend to fulfil these goals and how their supply chains can identify the right future technology trends and prepare for them. It will also include presentations by supply chain companies including SMEs which illustrate how they are meeting, or preparing to meet, their customers' needs in the production and manipulation of these advanced materials.
What’s in it for you?
- Hear about new advances in materials development for the aerospace industry and how they may impact you
- If you machine, fabricate, form or join materials for your customers, you should understand the next generation of materials
- Understand how you can participate in key programmes
- Network with key aerospace people and companies and make key contacts
The morning will conclude with lunch and an opportunity to mix and network with presenters and fellow attendees.
The detailed agenda will be announced shortly. Confirmed speakers to date are:
- Phillip Doorbar, Rolls-Royce
- Chris Walker, Diamond Hard Surfaces
Transport iNet is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). To register for this FREE event, please Click Here